- Correction (6/20/18)
- Welcome to Fort Scott (6/19/18)
- Investigation underway in theft of vehicles from car dealership (6/19/18)
- Couple blames county’s cameras for need to close business;County says releasing copy of camera video falls under Kansas Open Records Act (6/19/18)
- Tot Lot Day (6/15/18)
- Meal prices change at Uniontown schools (6/15/18)
- Work underway to revive dilapidated building (6/15/18)
- Lipe to be honored at reception (6/13/18)
- FSFD hosts ride to benefit ‘Krazy Kool Carter’ (6/12/18)
- Board hears report on USD 234 site councils (6/12/18)
- Soloists gone but teams passing throughChristmas in June? Actually, at the Hudicek-Ashwill house at 21 N. Caldwell, it’s RAAMmas. The coast-to-coast bicycle race is making its annual pass through Fort Scott this week as the Hudicek-Ashwill family hosts a rest and information stop at Time Station 30. This year, it’s been set up with a “RAAMmas” theme, which includes an inflatable snowman in one part of the front yard, an inflatable Christmas dragon (yep, dragon) in another part, and other decorations...
Larry Allen MaycumberLarry Allen Maycumber, 84, passed away Saturday, June 16, 2018 at CHI St. Vincent Hospital in Hot Spring, Ark. Larry was born Dec. 21, 1933, to J.W. and Elsie Anna (Cowan) Maycumber. Larry attended...
Lois Irene LambLois Irene Lamb, age 86, a resident of rural Bronson, Kan., passed away early Sunday, June 17, 2018, at the Mercy Hospital in Ft. Scott, Kan. She was born March 10, 1932, in Bronson, the daughter of...
Kathryn Louise AldisKathryn Louise Aldis, former resident of Fort Scott died Tuesday, June 12, 2018 in Mission, Kan. She was born April 17, 1923, the daughter of Winfield Scott Martin and Louise Kathryn (Gimple) Martin...
Leslie Ann NationLeslie Ann Nation, age 20, Mound City, Kan., died Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at the University of Kansas Medical Center. Funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at the Mound City...
John E. “Jack” HaleJohn E. “Jack” Hale was promoted to Glory on May 18, nine days after his 96th Birthday. John was born in Fort Scott, Kansas, in 1922, to Guy Charles and Dora Elizabeth (Goins) Hale. He was...
Fredrick F. HutchisonFredrick F. Hutchison, age 82, resident of Fort Scott, Kan., died Thursday, June 14, 2018, at Mercy Hospital. He was born June 13, 1936, in Sheldon, Mo., the son of Fred and Leota Withrow Hutchison....
Help WantedO'BRIEN READY MIX DRIVER WANTED. Must have class A or B - CDL. Benefit package includes: Health Insurance; paid vacation; retirement plan; weekly incentive checks and uniform service. Call Travis, 620-223-4251.
Rural Real Estate
House for saleSmall one bedroom house in the city of Fulton for sale. 15000.00 or best offer. Motivated to sell. Call to see or for more info 620-857-4506. Leave a message or text 620- 215-1875.
Now Hiring Pediatric RNsLooking for Pediatric RNs for private duty nursing in Fort Scott, KS. Part-Time Nights and Part-Time Days and Evenings available. RNs apply at www.craighomecare.com or call Tanya at 316-266-8724 for more details!
- Couple blames county’s cameras for need to close business;County says releasing copy of camera video falls under Kansas Open Records Act
- Work underway to revive dilapidated building
- Lipe to be honored at reception
- Investigation underway in theft of vehicles from car dealership
- Man charged with criminal threat bound over for arraignment