- Just a little ragtime (1/19/18)
- Union Block developer tries for tax credits (1/19/18)
- Renting a bulldozer expected to save county money at quarries, other work (1/19/18)
- Wage increases final, discussion begins on longevity pay (1/16/18)
- The first real snow (1/16/18)
- Familiar foes match up in Frontenac boys’ bracket (1/16/18)
- Pleasanton, Liberal tourney schedules are set (1/12/18)
- Preparing for the worst (1/12/18)
- Rotarian brings his feathered friends to meeting (1/12/18)
- Commissioners learn about deputies’ overtime, vote on wage increases (1/12/18)
- Tiger girls keep Nado winlessCoffeyville didn’t make it easy for Fort Scott High’s girls in Southeast Kansas League play Tuesday night. But in the end, the Tigers’ greater depth was too much for the Golden Tornado to overcome as Fort Scott took a 48-37 victory. Fort Scott is now 3-1 in the SEK and 4-4 overall, tied for second place with Independence. Coffeyville (0-3, 0-8), meanwhile, has lost its last 20 league games and its last 16 overall...
- Tiger boys to face Monett for fifth today
- Eagle boys finish fourth, girls sixth
- Both Northeast teams to play for fifth today in Liberal
- ’Hound women roll by Ottawa JV
- Basehor-Linwood tourney proves tough for Tigers (1/16/18)
- ’Hound men take two in Kansas City (1/16/18)
- ’Hound women get back on court, beat USM (1/16/18)
Ruth Ann SicklesRuth Ann Sickles, age 55, a former resident of Fort Scott, and more recently of LaHarpe, Kan., passed away Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018, at her home in LaHarpe. Rev. Trena Cooper will conduct funeral...
Jacob H. UnderwoodJacob H. Underwood, age 98, died on Monday, Jan. 15, 2018, of natural causes. He was born on July 6, 1919, on the family farm in Uniontown to Jay and Hazel McKinnis Underwood and resided in Fort...
David Richard McArthurDavid Richard McArthur, age 72, a resident of Fort Scott passed away Monday, Jan. 15, 2018 at his home. He was born Feb. 16, 1945 in Pratt, Kan., the son of Kenneth McArthur and Crystal Colby...
Sterling Martin BarkerSterling Martin Barker, age 64, Kincaid, Kan., passed away on Monday, Jan. 15, 2018 at Prescott Country View. Graveside funeral service will be held 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 19, 2018 at the Boulware...
Oka Ola Hare ClinesmithOka Ola Hare Clinesmith, age 98, of Fort Scott, passed away on Jan. 13, 2018, in Columbia, Mo. Oka was born to Andrew Jackson Hare and Mae Johnston Hare in 1919 on a Bourbon County farm south of Fort...
Thomas Leo NutterThomas Leo Nutter, 89, passed away on Jan. 14, 2018 in Jackson, Miss. Visitation for Thomas will be held on Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018 at Wright and Ferguson in Clinton, Miss., from 5 to 7 p.m. A...
Latest State & Nation News