- Preparing for the Civil War Encampment
- Fort personnel report on new program, need for speed control
- Court cites error made in murder case reason for reversal
- Tiger golfers second in tourney, second in SEK (4/17/18)
- Moving into the new jail (4/17/18)
- Reward offered in tow lot fire investigation (4/17/18)
- USD 234 pays final bill for bond projects (4/17/18)
- Home, Sport, Farm, Garden Show underway (4/13/18)
- Quietly, compassionately serving those in need (4/13/18)
- Student accused of making threat has first court appearance (4/13/18)
- ’Hounds bash way to sweep of NeoshoAfter Saturday’s play, the race for the lead of the Jayhawk Conference’s Eastern Division has become a dogfight between Fort Scott and Cowley. The Greyhounds completed a season sweep of Neosho County at Lions Field Saturday, bashing their way to 9-2 and 13-1 victories to improve to 17-3 in the division and 31-5 overall. At Parsons, Cowley swept last-place Labette, 9-6 and 6-4, to improve to 17-3 and 24-8 overall...
- Defending SEK champs sweep Tigers (4/17/18)
- ’Hounds take two from Cavs (4/17/18)
- Eagle softball splits with Jayhawks (4/17/18)
- Eagles win eight medals at Waverly (4/17/18)
- Three Tigers earn medals at Gorilla Relays (4/17/18)
- JV tennis hosts home tournament (4/17/18)
- 10 event winners for JV Tigers (4/17/18)
Ronald ButtonRonald Button, age 80, a resident of Fort Scott, died Friday, April 20, 2018 at his home. Funeral arrangements for Ronald Button will be announced by the Cheney Witt Chapel, 201 S. Main.
Joan M. DicksonJoan M. Dickson, age 88, a resident of Easton, Maryland, passed away on Oct. 25, 2017, at the University of Maryland Shore Medical Center in Easton. She was preceded in death by her husband, James...
Eleanor Lucile QuickEleanor Lucile Quick, age 80, resident of Fort Scott, Kan., died early Thursday, April 19, 2018, at Presbyterian Village, Fort Scott. She was born on May 17, 1937, in Redfield, Kan., the daughter of...
Cindy Kay GarrettCindy Kay Garrett, age 60, a resident of Fort Scott, Kan., passed away Wednesday, April 18, 2018, at Mercy Hospital in Fort Scott. She was born Oct. 26, 1957, in Quincy, Mich., the daughter of Robert...
Nadine Louise “Dee” ModerhakNadine Louise “Dee” Moderhak, 88, of Fort Scott, passed away Wednesday morning, April 18, 2018, at the Franklin House. She was born Aug. 5, 1929, in Denver, Colo., and was the adopted daughter of...
Margaret “Maggie” McMillinMargaret “Maggie” McMillin, 80 of Butler, Mo., passed away April 15, 2018 at St. Luke’s Hospice House in Kansas City, Mo. Memorial services will be 11 a.m. Friday, April 20, 2018 at Mullinax Funeral...